- Programs & Services
- Executive Board
Mobile Fingerprint Identification
The Pennsylvania Chiefs of Police Association through a grant from the Pennsylvania Commission on Crime and Delinquency’s Local Technology Workgroup and in cooperation with the Pennsylvania State Police is providing Mobile ID equipment to police departments to conduct fingerprint searches from the field.
In cooperation with the Pennsylvania Justice Network, the Association has established a secure server and infrastructure to receive the transmissions from the Mobile ID device and transmit it securely to the Pennsylvania State Police Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS).
Through the grant, the Association will be providing DataWorks Plus Model Evolution Rapid ID Device. These devices will operate on a managed secure cellular network that will be included with the device. The grant provides the devices and the first year’s cellular service. After the first year, the police department will be responsible for maintenance fees and cellular service.
To request to participate in this Mobile ID Project a police department must complete the following steps:
1. Complete a PCPA grant request for Mobile ID project participation form
2. Complete a PSP Mobile Identification Device Information form
3. Complete a PSP Mobile ID users List (all user must be CLEAN Certified)
4. Department must have an ORI on file with the State Police
5. Update their CLEAN/USER Agreement to include PSP Mobile Identification (MID) requirements and these will subject them to inspection during the triennial Agency CLEAN Audit process
6. A copy of the police department’s Appropriate Use Policy on the department’s letterhead.
7. Train their user on their policy for use. The Association will provide technical training on the operation of the device and provides this training guide.
The following completed documents should be attached to an email and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
PCPA grant request for Mobile ID project participation form
PSP Mobile Identification Device Information form
PSP Mobile ID users List (all user listed must be CLEAN Certified)
A copy of the police department’s Appropriate Use Policy on the department’s letterhead
Any question should be emailed to email@example.com